Monday, May 10, 2010

Oil Does Affect Our Lives













Source truthdig.

As I waked up one morning I realized that my daughter was running out of diapers so I decided to get ready and catch the bus I waited for 25 minutes and the bus was still not there a few minutes later the bus came I asked the bus driver why had it taken him so long he said that it was hard for him to find gasoline I told him I thought that the company provided them with it he said yeah but the gasoline station for the bus didn’t have enough for all the buses so he had to find a gasoline station on his own. I was shocked that the bus driver had to go look for gasoline. As the bus did its last stop I got off and cross the street to Wal-Mart as I walked in parking lot I noticed that Wal-Mart was closed I wondered if my cousins who used to be the manager was sent to another store or was just fired or unemployed. I also wondered why it had been closed down if it was a great store to shop at.




But I realized that maybe there was no petroleum since there was little gasoline and maybe that’s why Wal-Mart was closed because the company that transported there goods aren’t able to go that far with the little bit of gasoline that they have. Elasticity is an important role in this economic crisis because people know purchase substitute products for the original products which are expensive, substitutes are much cheaper and affordable. People are demanding less of the things that they were once able to afford and are trying to find the cheapest products that substitute those others. I cannot have the luxury of buying my daughter Huggies diapers because they are very expensive so I buy her Luvs diapers which are less expensive and work the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment